Patreon!

So hey! Big(-ish) news. If you hadn't guessed by the title of this post, Outliers is on Patreon now! That's pretty neat, right? Right?

Real talk though. There is a goal on there for three updates a week, and I am 100% not expecting that to get met. Like, ever. It's just there for posterity, because in my current schedule, that's the amount of money I think I'd need to be able to justify putting aside the time to do more updates. My schedule may change, and the number will go up and down. And I've said it before and I'll say it again: the current update schedule is what I'm doing for $0 a month and no ads. I'm not going to start holding updates for ransom.

However, I do need to have some form of incentive system set up. If you head over there right now (by clicking the big button on the sidebar, or up in the menu), you'll see that the latest update is already posted over there. Now, for the last couple of months, I've been a bit free with the update times: although it says midnight, I just put it up when it's done. Now what's going to happen is I'm going to revert to putting posts up here at midnight, and when they're done over at Patreon. So supporters will get to see posts just a leeetle bit earlier, just a few hours. (to clarify, they're not all going to be as early as today's, that was just an unexpected bout of productivity). So if you pledge $5 or more, you get access to that feature. If you're pledging less than that, thank you, I appreciate your support more than you can possibly know. As such, I will begin posting bonus content on the Patreon, available to all supporters. It won't be consistent, but it'll be stuff like art, backstory, maybe even a bonus chapter here and there. I'm also considering setting up a monthly poll to decide what the bonus content is, but we'll see.

Anyway, that's pretty much it. If you enjoy Outliers, consider supporting it! Or don't, and just keep reading and voting. Or don't even do that! It's up to you.